How do we find our taxi driver at Hangzhou train station?
The taxi driver will wait for you at the EXIT of the train station with your name on a sign. Please provide your train no and a mobile phone no to us.
Where is House 23?
On Gang Tou Lu, Zhong Hua Shan, the steps on the left will lead you up to House 23.
How far from House 23 to The Moganshan Lodge?
About a 10-15 minutes walk.
Is breakfast included in the room fee?
Breakfast is included in House 23 & House no 2. House 25 (the cottage) does not provide breakfast, please bring your own or come to The Moganshan Lodge.
Can we use the kitchen to cook for ourselves?
The kitchen is available for use when renting the entire villa.
Is there a baby cot we could use?
Yes, a baby cot is available for 100rmb/per night. Please let us know in advance.
How many people can sleep in House 23?
14 people comfortably.
5 double beds = 5 couples
Twin beds=2 people
Family Suite’s side room=2 people
Are you pet friendly?
All well-behaved pets are welcome.
Do we need to bring our passports or ID to check in?
Yes, please. By law, we need your Passports or ID to register your stay.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, we accept Chinese credit cards and debit cards (Yinlian cards银联卡) only.
Do we need to pay you a booking deposit?
Yes.To ensure your reservation at Moganshan House 23, a booking deposit of 100% is required. We will provide you with details at the time of your booking. Because of our secluded location, a great deal of planning and efforts go into our preparation prior to your arrival; we appreciate your understanding the need to ensure accurate bookings by way of deposits.
Is there any way to pay my deposit apart from go to SPD bank(上海浦东发展银行分行）?
Sorry, there isn’t. We do not currently have an office in Shanghai. And the credit card system we have in moganshan ( the country side in China) does not provide deposit payment in advance.
Are there accommodations for our driver?
Accomodations for drivers are easily available during Summer: approximately 200rmb/night in Moganshan or for approx. 100 RMB in Yu Cun (at the bottom of Moganshan, a 15min drive). We can provide details to your driver while he/she’s here. During winter months, please contact us.
Do we need to purchase a Moganshan Park entry ticket on our way to House 23?
Yes, guests for all hotels located in Moganshan National Park need to purchase entry tickets. If a driver sends you up, he/she does not need to buy a ticket. Please keep your ticket with you during your stay.
General ticket: 80rmb/person, for all scenic spot’s visit;
Please let us know if you would like to purchase the folowing tickets:
General ticket (Group ticket – minimum 8 people): 55rmb/person;
Plain entry ticket: 40rmb/person
Please note: The entry tickets charged by Moganshan Tourist Administration.
Is there a market on the top of Moganshan?
Yes, a visiting wet market. Open everyday 7:30- 8:30am. You can find meat, fish, vegetable, and other basic cooking materials.
For things like cheese, fresh bread, milk, olive oil etc, we suggest you bring them from the city.
What do we need to bring with us to House 23?
The temperature is about five degrees Celsius lower than Shanghai during summer. A light sweater might be required for evenings. Mosquito repellant and sunscreen for walks in the woods. The mountain is quite dark at night, so a torch will be useful. Finally, don’t forget to bring a good book to relax with.
Do we need to bring drinking water?
You can buy bottled water here or boil the tap water before drinking (it is mountain spring water).
Terms and Conditions:
1. Room rates above based on double occupancy, or four in the case of the Family suite in House 23.
2. There is a two-night minimum stay on weekends and holidays such as Easter, Thanks giving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and all Chinese national holidays.
3. Weekday and Package prices do not apply during holidays.
4. We accept Chinese credit cards and Yinlian debit cards(银联卡). International credit cards are not accepted in Moganshan, so please plan accordingly.
5. Reservations require a full payment to confirm.
6. If your deposit is not received within 3 days of your reservation request, we cannot guarantee the availability of rooms.
7. Extra guests in room (beyond listed occupancy)- 100rmb additional fee per person / per night.
8. Early departures will be charged for the entire stay.
9. Prices are subject to change without notice.
10. Check-in time is 2:00p.m. Advanced notice required if check in is after 5:00PM.
11. Check-out time is 11:00a.m. Advanced notice required for late check out.
12. Weekly rates available upon request.
13. Smoking is permitted only in the Bar and Sitting room beside the fireplace on the first floor.
1.To confirm a booking we request a full payment of the room /house fee to be paid via bank transfer, with a special amount (code) to identify your booking.
2.Your reservation is held for three days while the deposit is pending.
3.We will send you confirmation once the deposit has been received.
1. If a reservation is cancelled 21 or more days before the scheduled arrival date, we will refund your deposit minus a 350 RMB administrative fee.
2. If a reservation is cancelled 8-20 days before the scheduled arrival date, we will refund 50% of your deposit.
3. There will be no deposit refunds for cancellations within 7 days of the scheduled arrival date.
4. One-night reservations require payment in full and are non-refundable.
5. Please provide your receiving bank details for us to process your refund.
We attempt to accommodate all of our guests’ needs and requests, but we are simply unable to make exceptions on our cancellation policy – even for emergencies (no matter how legitimate) or inclement weather. We are a small business that depends on reservation revenue to maintain and run House 23. We appreciate your understanding.